We all know, this Holiday Season is unlike any other. But thanks to many great online companies, there are still plenty of holiday experiences to enjoy with the family.
One of them, is timeless favorite, The Nutcracker ballet. Check out the places streaming it (some are even for FREE!)
Of course, there are always George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker or The Nutcracker with Mikhail Baryshnikov (my personal favorite) to be rented and savored.
Whichever you choose, there is a way to turn it into exciting event even if you are not heading to the theater.
- Make a bright invitation and pack it in a nice box as a gift.
- Tell kids the plot or read the the story of the Nutcracker. Here are my personal favorites: The Nutcracker adopted from original Hoffman’s story (more suitable for older kids) and the shorter version based on a ballet (works well for younger children.)
- Make your own tickets or ask kids to make them.
- Dress up nicely like for a night out.
- Prepare your room to look like “a theater”.
- Children may “sell” the tickets and pretend to be ushers.
- Watch with them as much or as little as they will be able to enjoy or break it into parts and finish on another day.
- Have fun!
For more fun and educational ideas and activities for kids ages from Pre-K through elementary school visit my group on Facebook